At Harrietsham Preschool we welcome and actively encourage parental/carer involvement. We recognise parents/carers as the first and most important educators of their children. All of our team see themselves as co-workers with you in providing care and education for your child.
We feel that children benefit greatly by having parents, carers or extended family involved in different aspects of their learning. Research has shown that strong parent-school partnerships have a lasting impact on children and has benefits in all areas of life.
There are a number of ways that you can become involved in preschool life, such as:
- Exchanging knowledge about your child’s needs, activities, interests and progress with staff
- Taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum we provide
- Sharing your own special interests with children (i.e. cooking, or playing an instrument)
- Being part of the management of the setting by joining our Committee
- Help during preschool sessions
- Joining us on outings
- Joining in community activities in which the setting takes part
- Providing items for, or helping out, at fundraising activities
- Various ‘stay and play’ sessions throughout the year
- Providing materials (e.g. junk modelling) when required and considering donations of good quality toys and resources when you have a sort out at home!
We feel communication with parents/carers is very important. To enable you to be kept fully informed on all aspects of Harrietsham Preschool we have the following in place:
- Regular opportunity to talk to staff members at drop off and pick up times
- Our website and Facebook
- Regular Newsletters
- Main Notice Board holding Ofsted and Insurance Certificates etc.
As part of our commitment to high quality care and continuous improvement, we value your thoughts, suggestions and comments regarding Harrietsham Preschool and how we may improve. We therefore periodically send home questionnaires and would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to complete and return them to us. Please do not hesitate to speak with any members of staff and we will be pleased to assist you.